I’m starting with the Kimpton brand because we have 2 of their awesome boutique hotels here in Dallas, The Palomar and Hotel Lumen. Having worked in the the hotel sales and event planning world, I like this brand on an entirely separate level (they’re beautiful, accommodating, and GREEN!), but the fact that they allow pets is fantastic! It’s not just that they simply allow pets, they spoil them and welcome them with open arms and doggy goodies!If you’re not familiar with Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants take a look to see if they’re in any of your future destination cities.
Here are some interesting travel trends…
Travel Industry Association of America (January 2009)
• 14 percent of all U.S. adults (29.1 million) say they have traveled with a pet on a trip of 50 miles or more in the past three years
• The percentage of households traveling with pets increases during summer months when more families travel
• When traveling with pets, cars are the primary mode of transportation (76%), followed by RVs (10%), and airlines (6%)
• 29 percent of people traveling with pets stay at a hotel
• Dogs are the most common type of pet to travel with (78%)
• Other traveling animals include cats (15%), birds (2%) and either a ferret, rabbit, or fish (3%)
Where do you fall into the category? How many of you travel regularly with your pets? Where do you go? I’d love to hear stories and see pictures!